Thursday, February 1, 2007

eBay is everywhere...you just don't see it at first!



After taking the time to look back on my favorite media outlets, I researched a little more about Skype. However, it’s good to note that my other favorite, AIM, would fall under Time Warner currently, and thus under synergy as it’s part of the ‘Big 6.’ However, it’s interesting that AIM was created in 1997, before the merger with AOL and Time Warner. Using another form of media that I frequent, Google, I found out a bit of history from Wikipedia. Sharing its founder with Kazaa, a more music associated mp3 file sharing system, (sorry I would link to the real website, but Westminster censors that usage *note a very real gatekeeper!) made an interesting connection. However, most surprising to me was that eBay had acquired The Skype Group in October of 2005. I would not typically have connected eBay, a source that I can honestly say that I’ve never used in the past, with Skype. When looking at the Acquisitions & Investments section of the description of eBay, I truly see the synergy and how they must often use each other for advertisements!

No comments: