Monday, April 16, 2007

From Behind the Mask Update

I think I'm falling more and more in love with our topic for the documentary. Not to say that it is a pleasant topic, but the more film we shoot, the more powerful information we get. This past Thursday, we spent a good bit of time in Beaver shooting with our amazing participant Vanessa. Her story is truly one of inspiration, and I really think her message needs to get out there. We also filmed Dr. Pataki on Friday, so I think we're done shooting. We've got the footage of students giving their stereotypes, Vanessa and her story of abuse, Ann from the Women's shelter giving her information and statistics, and Dr. Pataki with her take on the issues involved. I think it will be easy to see how our topic ties into sociology. Now, we're on to the editing portion. We are meeting Wednesday to log what we want, and should be making the final decisions after that! I think our working title is also going to change to something relating to Vanessa's project called 'From Behind the Mask.' More details to follow!!

No comments: