Wednesday, May 9, 2007

What role do I want to play in my life?


The role that I will choose is that of an informed educator. To do this, I will stay abreast of information in the media and be careful of becoming influenced by what I see in the public. Additionally, I will work each day to see and embrace all forms of diversity so that I am sure to treat each of my fellow humans equally.

My largest goal is to work with students of all ages and encourage open minds and forward thinking. I feel that if I can inspire young people to work for equality and opportunity, I will have made a difference.

Even more than this goal, I want to inspire in the way that I live my life daily. If I show my beliefs in what I say, do, and don’t do, others may be more inspired to do the same in their own lives. Saying is one thing. Acting is quite another. I hope to act out and perform the change that I seek.

Additionally, I want to be an active member of society, being sure to vote, communicate, and work with organizations that promote the beliefs that I hold true. If I can participate in the world in these ways, I will feel that I am doing my part to promote my ideals.

1 comment:

B. Weaver said...

You've inspired...given voice...and empowered with your documentary.